UMC Architects work also encompasses sectors outside of our industrial specialisms, which often occurs when existing clients wish to involve us in other areas of their portfolio. Our team has broad past experience of large commercial projects, the design quality needed and the management skills required to deliver.
We have the expertise to undertake a variety of commercial projects, including:
- Stand-alone office developments
- Retail, both out-of-town and stand alone supermarkets
- Security buildings & facilities
- Call Centres
- Sports facilities
- Specialist interior fit-outs
- Data Centres
- Public amenity buildings
All of our projects are approached in exactly the same way as those in our core sectors, ensuring that each is director-led and serviced to our high standards. We are also very familiar with performing the lead-designer role on these projects, taking on the responsibility for co-ordinating and programming the design team deliverables.
Our architects have built up a portfolio of experience on commercial and special projects, which includes the following:
- International Broadcasting Centre at the 2012 Olympic Media Hub – Two-storey broadcasting studios for the Olympic and Paralympic games, as part of Carillion’s delivery team. The project was delivered well within budget and ahead of programme.
- New-build Offices for Halifax, Bradford - Stand-alone 30,000sq.ft two-storey office block, including base-build and fit-out of conference and meeting facilities.
- New-build Office Block, St Mary's Gate, Sheffield - 3-storey urban infill office development, designed for flexibility and multiple sub-letting.
- Office Refurbishment, Pennine House, Leeds - 5-storey 60,000sq.ft office reconstruction behind retained listed facade, on tight inner-urban site.
- Call Centre for Daily Telegraph, Chatham – Interior refurbishment and fit-out of existing office building for call centre, including meeting rooms & break-out spaces.
- New-build Supermarket, Harwood, Bolton – Complex phased redevelopment of former shopping precinct to form new store and PFS, with ancillary terraced retail units.
- New-build Supermarket, Team Valley, Gateshead – Development of new 80,000sq.ft retail store, with PFS on former industrial site adjacent to the A1 motorway.
- Car Dealerships, Various Locations - New-build franchise dealership developments for VW, Audi, Peugeot, Nissan & Renault, including showrooms, offices and service workshops.
- Sainsbury’s Reinvigoration Programme, Various Sites – Roll-out across 6 sites of the standard store format refurbishment. Complex phasing of delivery to maximise store trading during site works.
- Welcome Break, Various Sites – Designs for a programme of site redevelopments, including retail and restaurant refurbishments and re-branding.
- Cafeology Rebranding, Various Sites – Interior design to suit rebranding programme for coffee sales concessions across a number of UK locations, for both private and public sectors.