UMC Architects have been instrumental in delivering planning approvals and detailed design for Energy and Waste facilities across the UK. Our Architects have been specialising in the design of Waste and Energy projects for over eight years and have a thorough understanding of the market and technologies.
Energy and Waste facilities are often ground breaking in their technology, significant in scale and sensitive in location. UMC Architects' design approach is to:
- Recognise that facilities of this type are primarily functional industrial buildings.
- Understand the technology the functional requirements of the operation.
- Evaluate a particular site context and understand the site constraints and opportunities.
- Establish a strong design concept from the out set that responds to the particular site context.
- Produce buildable, efficient, strong design solutions.
UMC Architects provide the complete design service from inception through to detailed design.
Experts in the design of Energy and Waste Facilities of all types with a thorough understanding of the industry and technologies..
- Wood Biomass CHP
- Straw Biomass CHP
- Energy from Waste (EfW)
- Materials Recovery (MRF)
- Mechanical Biological Treatment (MBT)
- Waste Transfer Stations (WTS)
- Household Waste Recycling Centres (HWRC)
The design services provided below can be tailored to meet the client brief and budget.
- Concept Design
- Planning Application drawings/supporting information
- Design and Access Statement
- 3D CAD Visuals
- Consultation and presentation to independent design bodies.
- Design development for discharge of Planning conditions
- BREEAM Assessments
- Tender Design
- Detailed Design
All projects are Director led, bringing an experienced and balanced approach to design solutions where cost, function and design each play an important part in the success of a scheme from inception to completion.