Distribution & Logistics
UMC Architects are experts in the design of distribution and logistics facilities, providing the complete service from inception through to detailed design. Our architects have been responsible for a wide range of project types, including complex extensions, refurbishments and complete new-builds.
We believe it is important to keep focus on trends and developments within the sector, such that we remain informed at the highest level. We therefore maintain strong relationships with occupiers, logistics operators, end-users and industrial agents. Between us we have masterplanned and carried out the detailed design of more than 10m.sq.ft of floorspace, throughout the UK, across the following sub-sectors:
- Multi-channel warehouses, facilitating retail and dot.com requirements.
- Low-bay warehouses, with both VNA and conventional wide-aisle racking.
- High-bay fully automated storage facilities, for food and non-food.
- Chill stores, including various temperature regimes to suit fresh produce.
- Cold (Freezer) stores, both as stand-alone and as part of composite facilities.
- Fully automated logistics buildings, with incorporation of multi-level picking mezzanines.
- Port-side bonded warehouses.
- Air freight storage facilities with airside links.
- Specialist document storage volumes.